FACILITIES – LABORATORIES
The School of Agricultural Sciences is housed in the buildings of the former Technological Educational Institution of Western Macedonia, in the northwest end of Florina and includes:
- A central neoclassical building, which houses administrative services, classrooms, and laboratories.
- A newly built versatile building complex that includes a student residence, restaurant, library, auditorium, lecture rooms and workshops, and sports and entertainment facilities.
- Several smaller listed buildings, which have been used as laboratories. Stable facilities (cow shed, sheep shed, pig shed, poultry farm) and other auxiliary facilities, a modern greenhouse, and areas with arable and tree crops.
PLANT PRODUCTION LABORATORIES
Plant Production students use 12 fully equipped laboratories, a greenhouse (1 acre), a farm (about 200 acres), where experiments on various crops are carried out and a toll housing all agricultural machinery.
- Agriculture Laboratory
- Botany Laboratory
- Plant Protection Laboratory
- Seed Production Laboratory
- Plant Genetics and Breeding Laboratory
- Arboriculture Laboratory
- Irrigation-Drainage Laboratory
- Vegetable-Floriculture Laboratory
- Laboratory of Soil Science
- Computer Lab
- Agricultural Chemistry Laboratory
- English Laboratory Room “JENNY GRIVA”
ANIMAL PRODUCTION LABORATORIES
- Laboratory of Microbiology-Pathology
- Carcass and Meat Quality Control Laboratory
- Farm Animal Nutrition Physiology Laboratory
- Farm Animal Physiology and Farm Animal Reproduction Physiology Laboratory
- Anatomy Laboratory
- Laboratory of General and Special Pathology
- Apiculture Laboratory
AGRICULTURAL ECONOMICS LABORATORIES
- Chemistry laboratory
- Agricultural Products Quality Laboratory
- Thesis and Research Writing Laboratory
- Lab Courses support Laboratory
Laboratory sessions and practical training are also carried out in the School stable facilities, and auxiliary spaces, such as milking parlours, a feed preparation room and a slaughterhouse (not in use). On the farm there are also Cattle, Sheep, Pig and Poultry Breeding facilities.